Tuesday, August 21, 2007

my baby's got sauce


You know you're in for a good show when you see the artist post this on his blog:

Tonight is actually early Friday morning, August something, 2007 at 2:41 am. I'm lying in my bunk on the back of the bus. The bus is rolling through the deserts of New Mexico on the way to Morrison, Colorado. I can't sleep.

I've just been practicing up all day getting ready for the show at Red Rocks which is now about 18 hours away. I've already written and rewritten the set list about 20 times. I've ran some old tunes, worked on finger exercises and scales, noodled endlessly and worked on a song Jeff and I are writing. It’s fair to say I've done my work. This is a good thing as I'm hoping tomorrow I can just get up and flow straight through to the show.

We've got some cool musical surprises planned for what I'm considering to be the biggest show of my career. Jimmy Jazz is telling me to stop thinking and freaking out about it and I think he's right I should. And I'm going to stop thinking and rethinking about it as soon as I stop typing and this old bus rocks me to sleep.

Trying to write this set list has been the hardest thing. I wish I could just play every song I got then it would be easier. It’s tough cause maybe I will get to play around 15-20 songs. The thing is I've got hundreds. What should I play??? Anyway, I've picked out 20 of the best plus we've got a special guest. Hmmmmm...Can't tell you who yet it’s a surprise. See you when the sun is rising high. That’s my word bet, get ready to rock Red Rocks So steady when that sun sinks and the night time rises, sky-high-shooting stars ain't the only thing that shines. Get your shine on tonight

Peace out

G


G. Love at Red Rocks was AMAZING. I've seen him in concert before, but this show was 10 times better. The next day he wrote this:

We just got to Kansas here and my head is still spinning from last night. Red Rocks was siiiiiick. I can't thank Colorado enough for showing up so large. Both Miles (Slightly Stoopid) and I agreed that there is something special about the way people love music in CO. What a great crowd, It was super hype!

Ozo started off the evening with a killer set and the crowd never stopped jamming. Slightly Stoopid had an amazing set and honestly I knew that was going to be a hard act to follow. But we did and I think we had a pretty hot set. The crowd stayed live and my guitar was singing. Jimmy Jazz pulled off a hot solo in "This Ain't Living", Mark and Jeff crushed as well. For the encore we were blessed with Tristan Prettyman coming out from SD to join us for one of our best renditions of "Beautiful" (thanks to KBCO for blowing it up in Boulder). Mellow Mood had just about every musician on the tour on stage. We closed the set out with Sauce and Jersey and sealed the deal.

Thanks for everyone coming. We will be back!

I gotta go to sound check…tonight Kansas City here I come.

Peace


I have to admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of Slightly Stoopid. The set they played was way to long, but everyone else made up for their shortfallings. The night was one for the record books. After the rain ended the sun came out and a rainbow framed the stage. I heart Colorado.

No comments: