Friday, January 26, 2007

Oh Boulder...


Heading into Boulder
Originally uploaded by pickyv83.
So, tonight I went to see the new Jennifer Garner movie "Catch and Release." I have to admit that I am not really a huge Garner fan, but I had heard that the movie was filmed in Boulder a couple summers ago and I wanted to see what they did. I was living in Boulder at the time and had no idea that a film crew had been in town at all. I was working a lot that summer...Anyway, it was wierd to see so many places on a movie screen that I used to walk by on a daily basis. They really sterotyped Boulder, though. They had one scene where they were on Pearl St. and OF COURSE they had guitar playing hippies hangin around. They showed parts of Boulder Creek and The Hill (good ol Sink and Half Fast!), too. They even had one of the characters working at the Celestial Seasonings plant. They drank New Belgium beers and had a Bolder Boulder poster hanging in the background. One thing that kind of annoyed me...they had Garner's character go to a bar that does not exist. Not only that, they had all the people in the bar be cowboy types. If you live in Boulder, you know there are no cowboys and no cowboy bars. Especially bars that play all country music and have cowboy hat wearing men sitting at the bar. Other then that one gripe, I did like the movie and I loved seeing Boulder on the big screen!!!

No comments: