Monday, August 11, 2008

some things never change

I recently made a drunken mistake which landed me with a black eye (you should see the other guy...). All seriousness, I fell getting out of the backseat of a car. Here I am, thinking this is a random event, when I soon found out from my mother that this type of thing is in my fate. Per my source, I learned that as a small child, I never got the hang of putting my hands out to catch myself when I would fall. For most of my young life I walked around with a permanent bruise on my forehead because of this. According to my mom, she was weary of taking me out in public because she was afraid that people would think she was abusing me. This little piece of information puts a lot of my adult life in perspective. I guess now I have an excuse for returning to work every Monday with a new bruise.

No comments: